Sunday, March 3, 2013

Age of Wonders III

This month I decided to play through the Age of Wonders campaigns again while waiting on Sim City. Progress was going well and I was having a blast. So one evening while forcing myself to stop and go to bed I innocently clicked the website link from the "dragon menu", expecting an old website with no updates for years, but perhaps some beautiful concept art or wallpapers. Instead, I was greeted with this:


Many changes seen to come with the game. Just from the images it looks like a mixture of Civilization and Age of Wonders. From the Overview description provided, it seems like races won't be as limited, since it mentioned that you pick a "starting race" and that the player won't be limited to "fantasy clichés like All Goblins are Evil".

The leader, which at first was a Hero in AoW1 and then a Wizard in AoW2 will now be more customizable and with specializations typically found in RPG games, which is shown in the trailer.

It is still very early, but I am happy that I game I've been playing for over 10 years on and off will come back in a new edition.


Official website: http://www.ageofwonders.com/aow3live/

2 comments:

  1. Brazokie!
    I have no words of wisdom having never seen Age of Wonder but wanted to let you know that you are not an unread blog. :) Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)
    It has been difficult to find time for this hobby but I believe now I'll have more time for both games and blogs.

    ReplyDelete